Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bell Canada - Terrible Service

Location: Ontario, Toronto
Industry: Telecom
Company: Bell Canada

I order a new phone connection last week, a technician came last Friday and said that the main box was on a neighbour house, and they were not there, which is nonsense, he did not do the wiring inside the basement and did not do anything, just left saying that another technician was going to come on Sunday.


Another one came Sunday, named Steven phone number 416-426-2753 not business card or last name, he said that nothing was done, but he made the connection from the main box to the house outside, and he wants to charge 100 dollars for each hole, that he needs to make on the wall to get the line inside, which makes not sense at all, so, my landlord said that he will make the holes, one for the phone and one for the internet, the technician said that he could not wait, that he will come later that same day and pass the wires inside the house and finish the installation, and point a place inside the bathroom ceiling, were he said there was a box, but in order for him to do the installation and save my landlord an extra hole in the wall he should cut the ceiling ans expose the box, so he can work when he come back, we cut the bathroom ceiling were he pointed, and there was not box, I call Monday first thing in the morning and a lady call Shalini from customer service assure me that measures were going to be taken, and she apologize many times telling me that a technician will be that day Monday, between 5:00pm and 9:00pm, to fix the problem, I call again this time to customer service billing section, to complain about all the time the made me waste and the damage on the house, and he said that the installation fees will be cancel.

Monday, I wait for the technician and he did not show up neither he call, after 9:00 pm I call service and repair and they give me all kind of nonsense, telling me that not connection was done that there was a problem, that he could not give any information about when the problem will be solve, and to call customer service again, knowing that it was close, just avoiding any kind of responsibility, a complete unqualified incompetent person like most of Bell Canada personnel, at this point I was completely upset, so I call them again, the repair and service line, and another one answered the phone, after a big argument he call some other people, and put me on hold, telling me later to go outside the house and look for a jack inside the bell box and connect a phone to see if the line was working, which I did, under the rain and cold, thinking later how stupid that was who is going to put a jack outside the house, so anybody can plug a phone outside the house and do long distance call? At that moment I realized what kind of gain this people were playing, so I gave up, what could I do at this point? Around 10:00pm another Lady called to my Landlord house named Jigi, that's what she said, but who know what was her real name was, she claimed that she was from repair and service department, and that the problem will be solve on Tuesday between 5:00pm and 9:00pm and I do not think that it would happens, she just call to covers her department and hold doing another complain this morning, I try to complain in the Bell web site but they just allow you 2000 characters, how convenience.

Companies like Bell should not be allow to monopolized a service, coz, that's what happens later, they do whatever they want, their inside, bureaucracy start hiring, unqualified people, that are related to the ones already inside, paying chip salaries, and not giving there people the proper training, this is really bad, and should not be happening.

1 comment:

  1. If you are still having problems with this installation, please contact me at nmcgregor@gmail.com. I can help.

    Thanks,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete