Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Med Bar & Grill

Location: Quebec, Montreal/blvd. St Laurent
Industry: Restaurant


Tipped 16% before tax on a round of cocktails - worked out to be over $2 per cocktail and inside the 15-25% before tax bracket.

She TOLD me she would keep my change, although we were due $5. I said, no, I've calculated this pre-tax - your TIP is actually right. She turned around and yells to her colleague, "HA! 5 BUCKS!"

We left, stunned. Now I'm more confident with tipping, I should have ripped her head off then and there, got my money back AND asked to speak to a manager.

Only in Montreal....

Arrogant tart.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad... but the rest of Montreal isn't like that just the restaurants along the stretch of St.Laurent Blvd above Sherbrooke. The Main.

    ReplyDelete