Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ex-Toggery Consginment

Location: Ontario, Toronto
Industry: Retail
Annoyed By: the arrogant bitches downstairs


This was actually a letter I intended to email to them....however they don't even have an email address on their website. Is it to avoid the tons of potential email complaints they should be receiving? Possibly.

Dear Ex-Toggery,

I wanted to address the unprofessionalism I experience when I drop off my clothing. I have been dealing with this for several years, as I've been a regular consignor, and shopper at your store. It has come to the point where I no longer even want to leave my clothes with the girls downstairs, because they have the most unapproachable, demeaning attitude to your customers.

Are they trained to behave this way? I don't understand it.

Today, I went to drop off a few pieces, from labels I had consigned with you before. The girl wouldn't take them, and that's perfectly fine, however when I asked why, she didn't bother replying. In fact, she didn't even say a word to the very basic questions I asked her.
For one, there was a shirt which I had seen upstairs selling for $39.99, and mine, though new with the tag attached, was rejected. When I asked her why, she replied with silence.

For two, I asked why certain brands were no longer accepted, and again, silence. And a scowl, of course.

Mind you, her and I were the only two people downstairs, so I know she wasn't being bombarbed by customers.

I understand and appreciate why you don't take every piece that is brought in. However, my experience consigning has been so annoyingly negative and unproductive, that it's not worth the few dollars I have made here and there. I would much rather donate my things to people who would appreciate them.

The girls upstairs, and the manager whom I've met, have been perfectly lovely, so I don't understand why your customers need to experience this treatment over something that should be so simple.

I may consider picking up the few things I currently have in the store.

Thank you for your time,
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment