Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rogers ripped me off !!

Industry: Telecom
Location: Ontario, Toronto
Company: Rogers

I bought my very first phone and plan with Rogers on Sunday. I have been looking at fido and rogers for awhile now, and found the perfect plan for me with rogers. The Sales person made a mistake and typed my plan in wrong. It was definitely not the plan I was promised. So on the same day I called the rogers helpline. Since Sunday til Weds I have spoken to 5 different sales representatives on the helpline. None of them could fix my problem and give me the plan I was promised. I feel as if I have been ripped off! This is my first time signing a wireless phone contract and my experience has been shitty! I don't understand why I have to compromise the plan I had been promised just because one Sales Representative typed in the wrong plan!

I can't even cancel my plan or else I will be charged 20/month for my 36 month contract. This is the worst customer service I have EVER received! Please tell me who I should contact to get this plan fixed. The helpline can't seem to help me, and I've emailed the Alberta General Manager of Cellcom(where I bought my plan and phone) to voice my concern but he didn't reply.

Please help me I really need some advice!

4 comments:

  1. Go back to the place where you SIGNED the contract and take it up with the sales rep AND his manager. If the place that signed you up admits it was THEIR mistake and THEY contact Rogers, they should be able to switch you over to the correct plan. Yeeshh! Always read the contract before you sign your life away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, WTF! DON'T email the place where you got the phone and contract. GO THERE IN PERSON and complain! It should get your problem solved a lot quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to consider small claims court. While I am not a lawyer, I have training in contract law. One of the rules of contract law is that what you sign and what you believe must match. If they don't, you do not have a legally binding contract.

    It can be incredibly difficult to prove, but I have learned something in my time. The easiest way to get good customer service from a company in a very competitive industry is to serve them with a lawsuit. In their minds, they would rather take a loss than face the negative publicity that a lawsuit would generate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warning but I already knew they are stupid and crooked. >:-D

    ReplyDelete