Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Staples

Location: British Columbia, Langley
Industry: Retail
Company: Staples the Business Depot
Annoyed By: Store Manager (British accent, wears glasses)

FutureShop had a Canada Day sale on the Logitech VX Revolution Mouse advertised for $39 (no rebates), so I decided to take the flyer to Staples in Langley to get a 110% "Price Match" (or PM). Staples had it for $99 at the time.


Spoke to a sales rep about the PM, who in turn went to his manager. The manager (who had a British accent, and eye-glasses) said they couldn't PM because the flyer has a "Web ID", which according him means that price is after a Mail-In-Rebate (MIR), and they don't PM MIR's. I told him that I was just at the Future Shop and there is NO MIR, and $39 is the actual checkout price. I go on to say that the "Web ID" has nothing to do with any MIR's, it's simply the ID of the product so the customer can identify and purchase the product online if they so choose.

This stupid manager didn't get it, and still insisted that there was an MIR involved, refused to PM it and just walked away from me.

I just could not beleive it. Here I have a legitimate ad from a direct competitor and this idiot manager will not honour the Staples Price Match policy. This totally pissed me off, and I felt like punching this jerk manager (with a snoby British accent) in the face.

To anyone reading this, I highly recommend not shopping at the Staples Langley location, especially if you want to PM anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment