Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Don't go to Staples to ship Purolator

Location: British Columbia, Victoria
Industry: Retail
Company: Staples the Business Depot

Took a package to Staples to have shipped to Vancouver. First, they obviously don't have people trained to actually do the work they need to do for doing Purolator shipping. The girl behind the desk had to ask what forms to use, then she just hands them to me and tells me to fill them out. Like I have a clue? She walks away. I fill them out as best I can, then she tells me just to leave the forms and package there. I ask if she needs to know the account number for the person paying for the shipping. "Oh yeah, just write it anywhere". I do then have to ask which slip is my receipt, she goes and asks. Comes back and I get my receipt. Does she then take the box off the counter and put it away? No. It's just left there for anyone to walk off with. I do a bit of shopping (maybe twenty minutes) and look back to see my package still sitting there, right by the door. I walk over, grab the package, tell her I've changed my mind, and walk out. Took it directly to the Purolator office where I was treated with a bit of professionalism.

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone. I went there once for shipping and never go back again.

    ReplyDelete