Friday, November 23, 2007

Easy my @$$

Location: Ontario, Toronto
Industry: Other
Company: Staples the Business Depot

Tonight I had one of the worst possible customer service experiences while shopping at Staples.

It started at the Lawrence & Dufferin store #15. I was looking for an Avery Sign kit. It took them about 20 minutes to figure out what I wanted. When they finally did they said they were sold out and only carry it by special
order. They would determine if there was another store that had it. They told me the store at Keele & St. Clair had 3 in stock. They gave me a piece of paper with the SKU number. I purchased the other items I came for and
immediatly went to the other store. Check out time: 7:44. Time spent waiting around for answers in store 30-40 minutes.

I went immediatly to St. Claire & Keele store #86. We were back to square. They didn't know about the other store confirming stock or what I was looking for. Providing the SKU # did very little to help find the item.
Eventually they found where it was supposed to be. There was one kit on the shelf in yellow and it was damaged. The sku # we had was for white. The
sales person kept running off to try to determine where the item could be. While waiting I had the further annoyance of two different sales people try
to sell me credit cards. Eventully they determined there were none in stock and we were out of luck. I found some alternative solutions. I went to the cashier to pay. I was told the register was closed as the cashier pulled out her cash drawer.

The store manager was dealing with another customer as I was paying. I explained the situation to the manager and asked if he could provide a 5% discount something for my inconvenience. His final story was that the first
store called down and was told the item was out of stock. It was the other stores fault for sending us down. Check out time 8:45.

90 minutes, 2 stores, 1 cranky 3 year old, 1 tired mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment