Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WORST Service Ever on a Soon-To-Be Bride's Stagette Night - Yianni's on Whyte

Location: Alberta, Edmonton
Industry: Restaurant
md mv
Being a bridesmaid and planning the stagette, I had made reservations for about 15 people at one of the best Greek restaurants in town. Myself, the soon-to-be bride, and a couple other people were running late for the reservation, but some people in our party had already shown up. When we arrived, the hostess informed us that we were late, walked to the bottom of the staircase leading up to where our table was, pointed, and said "you're up there". Our server then rarely came back to check on us, but I have to admit, the food was great. After a night of partying on the town, I return home to find my message light blinking.
One of the bride's friends didn't pay her share and since my phone number was put down for the reservation, they had called me. I let them know that we would figure it out and then pay them the next morning (since by now they were closing and we wouldn't have gotten there in time since it was past 2am). The girl informed me that if we didn't pay, she would send the police to my house and charge me. The girls never did pay their portion (since even though the bride promised to talk with them, she didn't because she somehow blamed it on her wedding party that we hadn't paid enough for her share) and since I had to work the next day, my sister had to go down and put the $96 onto her credit card, and the hostess even gave her the third degree when she went there, stating that we shouldn't have invited people we didn't know to the stagette...though they were good friends of the bride. They then told her "that will teach you" with their manager standing right beside them SAYING NOTHING AT ALL. Even though the food at this restaurant is amazing, I will NEVER go back since some stupid 18 year old bimbos run the joint and the managers couldn't give a s**t about customer issues.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...

    The party of 15 arrives late, then complains of seating.

    They don't pay the bill and complain of staff being less than friendly in collection efforts.

    Sounds to me like a collection of princesses... life could soon get much worse for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...

    The party of 15 arrives late, then complains of seating.

    They don't pay the bill and complain of staff being less than friendly in collection efforts.

    Sounds to me like a collection of princesses... life could soon get much worse for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you read this right, it was only about 4 people that arrived late, not the entire party. And the entire party didn't skip on the bill, only a couple people since everyone received separate bills anyway. What was shitty was the service from beginning until end.

    ReplyDelete