Monday, May 4, 2009

Pony Express would of been better!

Location: Alberta, Edmonton
Industry: Other
Annoyed By: UPS


My Mom sent me an important envelop using UPS. She paid extra for the "guarantee" (and I use that word lightly they obviously don't know the dictionary definition of it). that it would be here by 10:30 a.m. two business days later.

Three business days later I am still without the envelop and without ANY recourse. My Mom called the UPS line today ( a generic catch all line as no other contacts are given). The lady (who clearly was in the USA) told my Mom that it hadn't been scanned so it was probably somewhere on a truck out there in the big wide world (duh). Then when my Mom mentioned that she had paid for a "guaranteed" delivery so it would be on time the woman said "sorry we can't do anything until the person gets the envelop delivered to them". WHAT??? She doesn't seem to get the problem here does she?

I examined their website as well and they really take no responsibility for any of their caliber (or lack there of) of service or any errors made by them. This isn't the first time I have had poor service from this company and we will no longer be dealing with them. In fact, we might just stick with Canada Post they deliver just as fast (or faster some letters I've posted arrived the next day in Province) as it seems for less or the Grey Hound Bus parcel service.

No comments:

Post a Comment