Monday, May 4, 2009

Sneak Attack Telemarketing!

Location: Alberta, Alberta
Industry: Finance
Annoyed By: BMO


I received my shiny new BMO Mosaic credit card in the mail recently. I called the number on the sticker to activate my new card and dutifully followed the promts given to me. At the end a recorded voice came on not to tell me that I needed to talk to a customer rep (I got no confirmation the card was activated just that I needed to speak with someone directly) . We have had our credit cards and bank accounts skimmed by criminals in the past so I imediately panicked and stayed on the line while my small children screamed in the background for 15 minutes as they were busy dealing with other customers.

Finally a customer service rep came on the line and I braced myself for some bad news regarding my account when she asked me what I wanted. I told her I was activating my replacement credit card and a message told me to talk to a customer rep and she said cheerily, "oh yah you card is fine we want to know if you want the extra credit card insurance". Needless to say I was kurt and ended that call at once! I guess calling people at dinner time to peddle these products wasn't cutting it?

So beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment