Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'd expect a little more when paying $1000

Location: Ontario, Orangeville
Industry: Retail

Recently, I was looking at laptops at the Orangeville location, and found exactly what I was looking for. It took me 15 minutes to find someone to help me, and when I did, the salesperson looked completely disinterested. The salesperson said that it was the last one, thus making it a floor model. That was fine.

Then came the whole speech on extended warranties.. etc. This guy would not take no for an answer. He said for $50.00 we can delete all the pre-loaded trial software, and get the computer set up in your name. I said surely I can do this myself, to which he replied "no, you need to have a certain code."

After a few minutes of this I finally gave in (which is what they want you to do) and agreed. I was told it would take a couple of hours to do this, and to come back.

When I returned to pick up my laptop, it was ready for me, but instead of putting my $1000 laptop neatly in a box, it was put in a plastic bag, with all the accessories merely thrown in, with the techie saying, "there you go."

Their customer service skills are garbage, and if I had paid $100 for this laptop, then I could justify them doing that. But for $1000, you would think they would want to package it neatly to avoid damage, and look like they care about their products.

While my computer is great, I won't be going back there anytime soon to purchase anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment