Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Canadian Tire Auto Ripoff

Location: Ontario, Scarborough
Industry: Automotive
Annoyed By: Canadian Tire
mv

A while back, my car broke down in the drive through at Tims...it was a 96 Cavalier.
I didn't know of any mechanics in the area, thus got it towed ro Candian Tire at St.Clair/Kingston Rd.

They charged me over $100 to do a diognostic and called me a few hourse later to tell me my engine had completely blown and I needed a new one, which would cost about $5000. I could get a refirbished one for about $3000. I was dumbfounded...but there was more. The rep said " Even though your car is toast, the Mechanic really liked it and would like to offer you a couple of grand for it, are you interested?"
WHAT!!!!!
Are you kidding me?

I refused. Got my car towed to a private mechanic who found the timing chain had broke and damaged some cylinders.
It cost me $2000 all in and it was back to normal within a few days.
Stay away from the scammers at Canadian Tire!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment