Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Brick or Prick

Location: Ontario, Scarborough
Industry: Retail
Annoyed By: The Brick @ Kennedy Commans


To Whom It Concerns:

Sequence of events: (HUF138EA) Invoice Number 121284K0517001

1) Purchased an HACN 13.8 Freezer white on December 12th, 2008

2) Was advised it would be delivered on December 23rd, 2008

3) December 22nd, 2008 rec'vd a voice mail advising us that the freezer was still not in stock and would get it on or around December 31st.


4) January 2nd, 2009 I called customer service and was on the phone from 5:15 pm until 5:45 pm explaining what happened and that the freezer had not yet been recv'd and then she tells me after 1/2 hr that she is only the receptionist (Kelly)and can't answer my questions. Asked to speak to a supervisor and she said that there was no one available, I asked her to have one call me back


5) January 2nd, 2009 the supervisor Cheryl called me at 7:30pm, she advised that it was still not in stock and the expected date was now January 15th, 2009. She could not guarantee anything though. I advised her that the same model was on sale at Leon's for $70 less and that they had them in stock so why wouldn't the Brick? She could not answer that but offered me $100 dollar credit which was fine


6) January 15th, 2009 we did rec'v the freezer, waited 24 hrs prior to plugging it is as the manual stated, then waited another 24 hrs for the freezer to reach temp level 4 as stated in the manual. When we went to look at it today the light works and the freezer doesn't, no cold air or freezing what so ever. The fan is very weak and all in all it is inoperable.


7) Called customer service at 2:40 PM January 20th to advise them that we recv'd a defective freezer, spoke with Najawa and the first thing she tried to do was to redirect my call to repair. I advised her it wasn't repair I am looking to speak with, I want a new replacement freezer as it is suppose to be brand new. She then advised me that there were none in stock and that they could be coming in on January 26, 2009 but there are no guarantees. She then said she could arrange for an exchange but couldn't give me a date or anything, To this point we had already given up a day to wait for the other delivery. She then said that she could arrange for me to get another type of freezer but I would have to come and look at them and pay the difference. Asked to speak with a supervisor and once again was greeted with "there is no one here right now" asked her to have the supervisor call me back


I am writing to you as I am at my wits end with something so trivial. Why on earth would your company sell something knowing full well that it isn't in stock and then to make matters worse could not give a solid date of delivery.

Another concern is that there are never any supervisors available to speak with right then and there. I would have to come to pick out a new freezer? Like I think not, if I am going to pick out another freezer then I will go to another company. Is this the customary type of service the Brick is known for? If so, then in today's economic crunch you will lose a lot of your business. As you know the old saying, "bad service spreads amongst people like wildfire" is this what you want for your company? Do the math, order purchased and paid for on Dec 12th, 2008 today is January 20th, 2009. This is a bit of a delayed timeframe and now I am losing money that could be sitting in my bank account collecting interest.

I would like to hear from you ASAP to rectify this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment