Thursday, August 26, 2010

Played by Game Maker

Location: Ontario, Richmond Hill
Industry: Other
Annoyed By: Game Manufacturer

My sister bought a game and it was a lot of fun, so I bought one myself. Only I bought the second-generation version. Like many games (remember how heavy the tiles used to be in Scrabble? when you could spin the wheel in Life without it leaving its moorings?? when the Monopoly tokens didn't tip over???), the second-generation version didn't measure up. The board was cheap, and it ruined the gameplay, which required that letters be hidden. I wrote a letter of complaint emphasizing how great the first version of the game was and how the second version paled in comparison. Well, a few weeks letter, the gaming company sent me a package. I eagerly opened it up - guess what it was? Yup! They sent me another Second Edition version of the game. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment