Thursday, July 28, 2011

Funeral Flowers

Location: Newfoundland and Labrador, Grandfalls
Industry: Other
Annoyed By: Sonny's Flowers

Hi Everybody. Just like to share a terrible experience I had with Sonny's Flowers in Grand Falls, Newfoundland. Recently my sister-in-law, who lives in Newfoundland, died from cancer. She had a long fight but in the end she couldn't fight anymore. I wanted so much to go to the funeral but recently I had surgery, a chochlear implant, and there was still a lot of pressure behind my ear so I couldn't fly. My Mother was ill so she couldn't go either. I ordered flowers, by internet, from Sonny's Flowers in Grand Falls, Newfoundland. After I ordered I phoned to make sure the order was complete and they had received it. He said yes. Everything was okay. They would be going out that afternoon and would be in the church. THREE WEEKS LATER I get a call from my brother who was so upset because he couldn't figure out why he hadn't even gotten a sympathy card from his Mother and his sister. The flowers never arrived. I still have no idea why. The only thing I can figure out is that my credit card has a protective clause that when I use it at a different place they sometimes refuse it thinking that it may have been stolen and someone is else is using it, but I don't know for sure. I was not over my limit. The point that gets me mad is that no one cared to call and let me know. Sonny's Flowers' number was on my phone one Friday after I returned from the hospital with my Mother. It was late that day and they were closed so I phoned on Saturday. I got a lady who had no idea what he was calling for and he wouldn't be in until Monday. So I left my name and number and told her to tell him to call me back. He never called me back to let me know what was going on. I could have given him another credit card, sent a money order, transferred funds, whatever he wanted. To just not send the flowers from their 82 year old Mother and their sister and not even tell them is just plain RUDE. It's not like it was thousands of dollars. It was just over $207.00. He has never had a bad exerience with me and I have bought flowers from them before. I will be seeing my lawyer next week and see if it would be worth my while to do anything about this. Well everyone. Thanks for letting me chew your ears off. I hope others don't make the same mistake of ordering from them. There are other flower shops in that area so think about who you want to do business with if you are ordering flowers for a special occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment