Sunday, August 19, 2007

Total Auto mechanic Rip Off

Location: Ontario, Toronto
Industry: Automotive


I needed air Conditioning in my 96 GMC. The guyy there was so friendly and sure he could fix it. First he looked at it. $1800.00 for a whole new system or we could try a few things. To make a long story short..2 months and $700.00 later he says "it looks like we need to replace the whole thing.
I thought ya ok he's a good guy ...My Girlfriend says get a second opinion..I figure I know trucks she doesn't but something in my head says TRUST HER so I take it to her guy..he says , You see that little valve on the hose there? It's leaking..I have a used one you can heve , I'll have to charge you $50.00 dollars for labour...Also the stuff this guy is running through your system is twice as expensive and 1/2 as effective as the regular air condition gas that's standard in the industry....moral of the story, the new guy fixed it for fifty bucks and that was 1 month and a half ago ^ weeks and NO PROBLEMS it works like the arctic..
The second guy wants to still put in the whole new system......Ya RIGHT ya slime ball

2 comments:

  1. where was this?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have some nice local mechanic who only deals in genuine products than you can get a nice advantage as agency rates are always highly overrated but if you can’t get genuine parts from some local mechanic better be taking it from some agency .
    Diesel mechanic

    ReplyDelete