Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Misleading Sale Price

Location: Alberta, Edmonton
Industry: Retail

I was happy to find Marcelle products on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart.
a Sale Price sign directly below the SHEER TINT MOISTURISER said 'SHEER TINT $7.99'.
I decided to purchase two of this item. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed I had been charged $13.99 each. Thinking that it was a computer error I went back to the store to have the store refund my money and re-do the transaction at the sale price.

The clerk was "new" and didn't know how to do that so she called the manager. The manager informed me there was no mistake and that the item I had purchased was NOT on sale. I then replied,"then I would like to purchase the product that IS on sale"

After waiting several minutes while the "new" clerk tried to track down the sale product, I was finally told they didn't have any.The manager couldn't even tell me what it was but that it was probably discontinued. I argued that their sale price sign was misleading and unfair to the customers but all she could say was that I could return the original purchase for a refund - which I did.

My happiness at finding one of my favorite products on sale had turned into a frustrating waste of time. I took my refund and left the store...still shaking my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment