Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rona

Location: Ontario, Cambridge
Industry: Retail
Annoyed By: Cashier

I went to Rona to buy new lights for the house in November. I had a cart FULL of lights about $1000.00 worth so I walked up to the first cashier. It was not busy at all and there were 4 other girls standing around waiting for customers to pay. I said hello to the girl behind the counter and she just ignored me, which was fine by me since there is no requirement to do so. She started scanning in the lights when the other girls came over to put "paid" stickers on the boxes to help her out. This is where the problem started! No word of a lie this is what she said out loud to the other girls " Why are you doing that?" The girls looked puzzled, and she replied " You don't even know if his card will go through! Your gonna take the stickers off if it doesn't because i'm not! "
Now any normal person would be really offended by that and would ask for the manager or walk out and leave the lights behind in the cart ( which is what I should have done) But I was like a deer in the headlights and was so shocked ( even the other 4 girls gasped ) that I paid and walked away only to get angry on the drive home! I went home a told my wife and she got mad and I called the manager of the store. He apologized for her and I never heard back from them or went back ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment