Friday, January 2, 2009

Unlimited Texting Plan...Not!

Location: Ontario, Ontario
Industry: Telecom
Annoyed By: Bell Canada


So I have had the unlimited texting package with Bell for well over a year now. About 7-8 months ago I called Bell to see if Facebook Mobile sending and receiving would cost anything extra they told me because I had unlimited texting I would not be charged, great I thought now I can keep in touch with my friends easier with ones that do not have cell phones. So fast forward to two months ago, I called Bell to extend my contract with them for another 3 years and my plan stayed the same. Except they were now emailing me my bill instead of me having to pay extra for a paper bill. So not receiving a bill in my inbox, I checked online about a month and a half later. 201 dollar bill!!!!!!! It was usually 45 max. So I inquire and I was charged for every facebook mobile message sent and texts sent while in digital roam (which I never was before this month). The month that I was in I was already charged about 30 extra dollars as well. So I call Bell and demand they take that off my bill. They say the best they can do is take my 20 dollar roaming charges off and that I should have been charged with the Facebook Mobile charges since the beginning and that it finally caught up with me and there is nothing they can do about it. Told them to look at my past bills before that and they would see I sent a lot and didn't get charged for them and they said they did and I was lying. So I am stuck with Bell for a while, but I definitely will not be sending Facebook Mobile texts no longer. It would have been nice for them to have sent a letter or a notification text telling me that I was being charged for them.

4 comments:

  1. I had problems like this with both Bell and Rogers, I would ask about certain all-inclusive services and it would be covered then all of a sudden I would have huge bills, or suddenly the plan would change on me (getting charged to receive messages all of a sudden) it's complete bullshit. I stick with pay as you go now even though it's not as cost effective per minute so I have to add on all that free evening etc. extras. But it's the only way I know of to keep from getting screwed over with huge random bills. I would call Bell back if I were you and try to get that charge taken off or get a credit for it. I find some employees are much more helpful than others, Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are using your Bropwser with FB, not just simple SMS, do your research!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have researched that, facebook messages cost more, they're not standard text message, your ignorance is not their fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bell Mobility does not train its employees well nor it treats its customers with dignity and respect. If you want to learn more about how Bell Mobility works in the back end and special contact # for Bell Mobility go to this blog:

    http://thetruthaboutbellmobility.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete