Monday, September 3, 2007

Rogers Trains Their Employees to Conveniently Lie and Decept Their Customers for Profit

Location: British Columbia, Vancouver
Industry: Telecom mv md
Company: Rogers

Sept '06 - Signed up for Rogers Wireless corporate plan. Required to pay a $250 deposit - which was told would be added to my account as a credit after one year.

Oct '06 - Switched to a different company corporate plan which had a better deal and accordingly the Customer Service Representative adjusted my bill appearing as credits on my account each month. (The representative who helped me was very helpful)

Nov '06 - Called to have a long distance plan added to the account as I was not willing to pay 30 cents/min long distance - their lowest long distance plan offered was the same amount of my current base rate bill and only offered a reduction to 20 cents/min. Accordingly, I declined their poor offer, and overheard the Customer Relations Representative mumble something about credits on the account

Dec '06 - "Mysteriously", my credits for my switched corporate plan disappear. I call Customer Service to have the problem resolved and the Neanderthal handling my call claimed that there was "no history of a change in corporate plan" - even though he admitted that my bill had been credited for the months of October and November, yet could not justify that the change in corporate plan linked to these credits, to which I replied:

"Alright, well let's fix this problem"

To which the agent again repeated:

"No record bla bla" - and eventually he disconnected the call without resolving the matter.

I called back the next day to file a complaint and have the matter resolved. The matter was not resolved and no complaint was taken to seek action taken on the Customer Service Representative who mistreated my call.

Jan '07 - My corporate account is finally and re-officially re-changed back to the new plan, but "mysteriously" the plan that which it was and was quoted to me as being different cost savings wise, is further "mysteriously" non-existent. Rogers seems to have no recollection of that it was in fact less expensive (voicemail was included in the package without having to pay extra for it).

June '07-August '07 - I am doing a lot of traveling and making a lot of long distance 30 cents/min / roaming calls along with my brother who also has a number under my corporate account. Accordingly, the phone bill reaches the $300 credit limit all 3 months in a row. Each time the phone is cut off without warning before the bill due date. Even though they claim to have contacted me, but rather than my number being the primary contact number on the account, they contact my brother via one text message, less than 12 hours before cutting off each time, despite my repeated requests to have my number made as the primary contact and have the credit limit increased to accommodate increased usage. (BTW to add an extra 100 minutes to my plan would double my base rate, so I opt to develop the habit of using skype more often).

August '07 - After the third time having my phone cut off without warning, after repeated requests to have the credit limit within the 30 day time period increased, after repeated requests to have my number put as the primary contact, I phoned Rogers AGAIN to have my phone reconnected. However, this time the Accounts Receivable Representative pulled another Neanderthal Dec '06 act on me and refused to reconnect my phone, even though advanced payment was already made before my bill was even due, at which point I asked to be put through to Customer Relations as I was going to cancel my account, to which the Accounts Receivable Representative responded and I kid you not at 7PM PST on a weeknight:

"Customer Relations is not open"

Me (knowing he is lying through his teeth): "Oh really, what time do they close?"

Neanderthal: "9 ET"

Me: "Oh really huh, because I have talked to customer relations at this same time before"

Neanderthal: "Oh yeah you're so smart what do you liiiiiike you like wooooooooork for Rogers or something, hang up and call back tomorrow" - this said in the most condescending and patronizing tone possible

Me: "Hold the line".... As I dial Rogers Customer Service number via another phone and asked to be directed to the Customer Relations department who.. whatya know... is *open*...

Me: "Hi there, this is Mxxxxxx-xxxxxx Pxxxxxx calling, I have an Accounts Receivable Representative on the other line, who out and out denies that Customer Relations is not open right now and to call back tomorrow.. yet.. I am talking to you right now...."

Neanderthal: *click* - disconnects as he hears me *actually* talking to a Customer Relations Representative with the other phone in my hand.

My phone is finally reconnected by a Customer Relations Representative talking to another Accounts Receivable Representative on a 3-way call - WOW the second of *only* 25 people I've dealt with who've actually been helpful.

Sept '07 - That $250 credit is denied from being applied to my account by "the system" as apparently I went over my credit limit throughout the course of the past year even though it was within the 30 day billing cycle. So they now keep my $250 credit for another entire year. Plus, if I want my credit limit increased I am required by "the system" to pay another $300, to have my account credit limit increased by another $100. Hey man, it's "the system" - can't mess with "the system".

Rogers never-ending bullshit continues... I would have rather stayed with Bell if it wasn't for the fact that all my colleagues and associates are with Rogers and want me on unlimited Rogers to Rogers calling...

Poor customer service ties directly in with poor training, poor training directly linked with poor management, which in turn is linked directly to poor executive leadership of middle management.

*I sincerely hope for the sake of Rogers shareholders, that someone in executive management reads this posting for a wake up call to realize how much their customers *despise* them and that when Canada goes to WiBro - wireless communication on flat rate (not billed by the min) how many customers they're going to lose.*

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, this is the same treatment I had with Vodafone in the UK. It's disgusting. Companies moves call centres to the other side of the world really leave very little control over quality... and trust me, its BAD!

    sigh,,, if only we can all go back in time and not have to deal with mobiles pohnes and there suppliers!!! lol

    Hope you are feeling better though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, Rogers is known for bad service, but maybe you should try paying your bills and not having your phone cut off and they will treat you better

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Anonymous said...

    Sure, Rogers is known for bad service, but maybe you should try paying your bills and not having your phone cut off and they will treat you better

    September 7, 2007 8:36 AM"

    Perhaps 'anonymous' if you learned to read you would have noted the following:

    "Accordingly, the phone bill reaches the $300 credit limit all 3 months in a row. Each time the phone is cut off without warning before the bill due date."

    Which in other words means - within the 30 day billing cycle 1 bill was going over the credit limit, as in before it was due.

    Thanks for your idiot logic contribution to the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girlfriend was renting a place in downtown Toronto last year and they had Rogers as their internet provider. She had to call them EVERY month because they kept messing up the bill. Each time, more often than not, she would spend minutes waiting to get through the annoying automated menu system only to talk to rude customer reps.

    I don't understand how some companies just can't get their act together. It shows a lack of respect and appreciation for customers.

    ReplyDelete