Wednesday, November 14, 2007

1&1 Internet has no Customer Service

Location: Other, Chesterbrorok
Industry: Technology
Annoyed By: Billing Department

I will make this as short as possible. Details can be found on http://1and1exposed.blogspot.com.

Cousin signed up with them using my credit card on a one time basis. Cousin left the country. Hosting Plan auto-renewed. I emailed/called them to cancel. They refused because I am ONLY the card holder, not the account holder. Followed their instruction to cancel by fax, but they didn't. A week later after several conversations finally the account was cancelled. 1&1 promised to severe all ties to my credit card. (I was leaving the country) They charged me more because the account stayed active in the week of negotiation.


30 days later, I am in Japan now, they charged my credit card one more time. I emailed them and they said there was never a termination of the domain names. Emailed several times and they stopped responding to me all together. It was only for $5.86 dollars, but the fear of them holding my credit card information is a scary thought.

Disputing the amount with my credit card may lead to collection agency harassment. The last message sent to 1&1 Internet was over 1 week ago and hasn't been replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment