Monday, February 15, 2010

Mike Faulkner - Owner of The Green Spot Pub - Is Abusive Toward Some Customers

Location: Other, Mt Pleasant, MI
Industry: Restaurant
Annoyed By: Mike Faulkner


The Green Spot Pub in Mt. Pleasant, MI (48858) is NOT a decent or friendly place if you enjoy playing Club KENO. The employees will treat you as though you are interrupting them and that you are some kind of an imposition to them. I play KENO often. The employees will leave you standing at the bar... waiting and waiting for them to run your bet slip. They will even tell you that they will not run your bet slips at all because they are "too busy."

Two nights ago (January 26) I lost $1,100. because an employee just looked at me while "gabbing" with the owner and some "chums" as the clock ran out on me for the draw on my 6 numbers. Their "do-it-yourself" KENO machine wasn't working! I had no choice but to have them use their machine behind the counter. When she felt like it, she came over to help me. By then the clock ran out while a new draw of numbers came in. My remaining bet slips ended up on the other side of the clock, costing me $1,100. ...but I said nothing about it and "took my lumps."

Then, today I was told by a Green Spot employee that she wasn't going to "do my bet slips" because it is a busy lunch day. That's when I left my drink on the table and walked out and went elsewhere.

Finally, on another day, I gave it one more try at the Green Spot just to see if their rotten treatment toward me was just a fluke. It is no fluke. I was told that my tickets could not be put through their machine because "customers" want drinks (which I was drinking one of those drinks). I asked her if she was the only one working. She said no, and then rudely yelled across the bar in a demeaning tone to get another employee to watch the bar while she ran my bet slips. She ran my tickets and then SLAMMED them on the bar counter and walked away... not a word of "thanks" or "good luck" ...NOTHING. It was quite obvious that I was "a problem" just for playing KENO, which the owner willingly accepted to offer the game to customers who patronize his place of business from the Michigan State Lottery.

The employees at the Green Spot have treated me like dirt for three weeks whenever I went there to play Club KENO.

The terrible behavior of the employees at the Green Spot is no fluke. It is encouraged and supported by the owner, Mike Faulkner. It is real and they mean to treat their Club KENO-playing customers that way all because they have to wait on you if you play Club KENO there. Their rotten attitude is no accident.

I called the owner on February 1st, 2010 and told him about the negative and abusive behavior of his employees. He cut me off and began defending them by telling me how he hates the Michigan State Lottery because they went from 7% to 4% in returns for lottery reimbursement. He told me that anyone playing Club KENO in his place is not going to be waited on. He values customers who buy food or drinks, instead. Well, I was buying food and drinks there, too! I even told him how I lost $1,100. because of their unwillingness to service Club KENO. He didn't care what-so-ever.

Therefore, I wrote a review (just like this one) and posted it on the internet. On February 11th at 2:00pm, I went into The Green Spot Pub and purchased a $5.00 ticket using their do-it-yourself machine. No one had to wait on me. I didn't speak to anyone at all.

Mike Faulkner approached me and asked me if I was the one who called him on the phone complaining about his business. I told him I was. He immediately told me that he wanted me out of his building and to never come back. He told me that he would call the cops if I didn't leave (which I was leaving... in between his yelling and going on about what a good business owner he is). Then he told me that he read my review on the internet. I said, "Oh... you liked that, huh? Good! I'm glad you liked it!" That's when he called me an asshole.

I told him he was an asshole, too... and I walked out.

I am not upset about being banned from The Green Spot Pub. I am glad never to return to the poor service establishment. What I am absolutely certain of, however, is that Mike Faulkner is in direct violation of Michigan Law under the Consumer Protection Act, and he insists on trying to victimize innocent customers (such as this incident) because he is angry and upset with the State of Michigan Lottery.

Mike Faulkner - the owner of The Green Spot Pub in Mt. Pleasant, MI has taken his anger and misdirected toward me. He has treated me in such a manner because he can not take responsibility for how he feels and wants to blame all others, including to go as far as he did in the situation as I described.

I would not recommend going to The Green Spot Pub in Mt. Pleasant, MI at 808 Mission Street. No way! Mike Faulkner handled this customer in the worst way and I have every right to expose his behavior and abuse. I do not owe Mike Faulkner anything. I used to be a customer, just like I am anywhere else. I currently play Club KENO at Chippewa Lanes in Mt. Pleasant, MI ...and they know about what Mike Faulkner did in my case. I told them all about it. My playing Club KENO at Chippewa Lanes is no problem AT ALL. They are happy to see me and we have a great time and we laugh and have a lot of fun! They are always happy to see me and they service the game-play of Club KENO the way the product/service of Club KENO is meant to be Reasonably Publicly Expected to be serviced by the business owner who offers it to their customers.

I am a customer. That is all I ever was... right up until Mike Faulkner chose to be an abusive business owner toward me because he is upset with someone else over an issue that I am not responsible for. Shame on Mike Faulkner - the owner of The Green Spot Pub at 808 Mission Street in Mt. Pleasant, MI - for treating his customers in the manner that he treated me.

Good Luck going to the Green Spot in Mt. Pleasant, MI.
...if you like risking being abused and experiencing lousy service!



No comments:

Post a Comment